Sunday, November 5, 2017

Turkish hero for HotT

It's been fun thinking about how to depict the range if 3, 4 and 6 point bases in the Turkish VSF HotT army. I decided that there should be a gunner hero, a tribute to Mohammed the Gunner, if you like.

I used figures from the Strelets Turkish Artillery 1877 set, and some pieces from the spares box. The gun barrel came from the GW Dwarf set, mounted on some Airfix napoleonic artillery wheels.

As this is a great hero, I thought he ought to have a standard bearer with flag too. I'm reasonably happy with the result.




The army so far, with blades, shooters, and the hero.


I think the next couple of bases will be pretty unsurprising, but I'm still formulating/plotting/scheming some more interesting and thematic bases to add. The goal will be a 72 point Big Battle army, but.. one step at a time I think.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Where do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick
    5 minutes here, 5 minutes there - that one base has taken 3 weeks .... Pretty hectic at work atm.. 4 late evenings last week and two ore this week with work.. whew...

    The painting is a small window of relaxation in amongst it all. Hope you are looking after yourself too.

    R

    ReplyDelete

Onto the Galician plains 1914/15

Jon and I thought we'd try to get a little Great War Spearhead mojo back, so I set up a 1914/15 eastern front game between Russians and ...