Sunday, June 28, 2015

Painting challenge.. cue dramatic music .. ta daaaaaa

Yep, I'm done with this year's painting challenge, the GW Chaos Defiler. I chose the Night Lord' colour scheme to fit with the theme I'd used for the Chaos Space Marines, although I didn't do the 'lightning bolts across the armour' thing.

I've always quite liked the 'possessed machine' thing, and this is certainly a 'characterful model. I painted as much as I could on the sprues before assembly, and this has created the sense of 'completeness' that I was after in the finished kit with no missed spots, no messy patch up paint jobs etc.

Will it ever see service on a 'gaming table? Adrian and I still potter with the occasional 40K 4th edition game so it probably will a some stage, Chaos mixed in with traitors in my favourite concept army, the Lost and the Damned.








2 comments:

  1. That's really nice, Robin! i hope you find time soon to put it into a battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty gross...but nice job! :-)

    ReplyDelete

An American Civil War game with Volley and Bayonet

We took the time last night to get the 15mm ACW armies out of their boxes for some Volley and Bayonet action. The game was loosely based on ...