Sunday, April 26, 2015

A little more Wings of Glory

Last Friday we reprised our previous Wings of Glory efforts. This time I was using my newly arrived purchases. The first gam saw the Hanriot D1 take to the air.. and I managed to  .. explode'.

In the second game my beloved Sopwith Triplane carried me skyward. I delightfully manoeuvrable wee beastie .. and I managed to explode a second time.




We then tried our hand at a WW2 game using Keith's aircraft. Another great game in which a number of subtle differences to the mechanisms made a very different game, faster and deadlier.

I piloted one of the Zeros

The opposition came in the shape of a couple of Wildcats

Yep, if you were one of the Wildcat pilots you'd be a little concerned to be in this position.
You can find a better write up, and some more great photos,. on Keith's blog.

Not sure if it needs to be said or not, but .. I have now ordered the WW2 version of the game as well, and some accompanying aircraft. Such is our hobby!!!

2 comments:

  1. The Wildcat position is an almost perfect example of a Thach Weave, a classic fighter tactic invented to counter the Zero:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thach_Weave

    Admittedly, my Wildcat achieved this having completed an Immelmann, but if Jon had of been on his game to Zeros would have been toast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Had a number of "flight system" games myself yesterday. X Wing Store Champs at Wizards Retreat. I took four X Wings. There's a reason you don't see four X Wing lists in a competitive setting! :-)

    ReplyDelete

An American Civil War game with Volley and Bayonet

We took the time last night to get the 15mm ACW armies out of their boxes for some Volley and Bayonet action. The game was loosely based on ...