Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Dwarven Host grows

I've been doing some more work on the Dwarven host, preparing it for battle. It's been a slow job, with interruptions from work etc.. sigh...

The host now contains the following units:
2 x warriors (both strangely at 19 figures)
1 x Longbeards (20 figures)
1 x Thunderers (15 figures)
1 x Rangers (10 figures, with Great Weapons.. all I had, regardless of whether it's the best option or not)
2 x Miners (10 figures each)
1 x Slayers (10 figures)
1 x Cannon
1 x Organ Gun

along with a Lord, a BSB and a Dragon Slayer.

I have yet to strengthen the Miners and Slayer units to 15 figures, and also add a Gyrocopter, a Runelord and and another Lord figure. I've reduced the resolution of the photos, to reduce file size. Hopefully that doesn't impact too much on their quality. I'll have to take a short break form the Dwarfs; the BAOR Brits need reinforcement (there's a battalion of Mechanised Infantry that require completion) and a Spanish Iberian DBA army to complete before the Woolston DBA day in January.. it's all go!!). In the meantime I think I'm about ready to come "out of the closet" with the Dwarven army and try these guys on the table top against a few new opponents.




The new Ranger unit, armed with Great weapons,... I have plans for these guys, even though Quarrelers were possibly a better option for Rangers.



The Organ Gun, with crew.




The cannon, with crew.. I'm still one figure short..


The new unit of warriors.. with a number of older figures given to me by friend Andy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Onto the Galician plains 1914/15

Jon and I thought we'd try to get a little Great War Spearhead mojo back, so I set up a 1914/15 eastern front game between Russians and ...